Nothing feels better than a freshly washed face... Especially if you’re rewarded with smoother, hydrated skin.
Too many facial cleansers strip away natural oils and can leave skin feeling tight and dry.
And far too many include ingredients you can’t even pronounce, much less know their effects on your skin and body.
Sometimes that invigorating “clean feeling” can come at a steep cost to your health.
Did you know that one in eight of the more than 82,000 ingredients used in personal care products are industrial chemicals, including carcinogens, pesticides, hormone disruptors and reproductive toxins?
A study by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) found that women use an average of 12 personal care products containing 168 unique ingredients every day. More than a quarter use at least 15 products each day.
Here’s what else the EWG discovered:
- One out of every 13 women is exposed to ingredients that are known or probable human carcinogens every day. For men, it’s one in 23.
- 4.3 million women are exposed each day to ingredients that are known or probable reproductive and developmental toxins, linked to impaired fertility or developmental harm for babies. This doesn’t even include harmful phthalates!
- One out of five adults are potentially exposed every day to all of the top seven carcinogens found in personal care products: hydroquinone, ethylene dioxide, 1,4-dioxane, formaldehyde, nitrosamines, PAHs and acrylamide.
4 Dangerous Face Cleanser Myths That May Be Putting Your Overall Health at Risk
Many people don’t think twice about the personal care products they buy for several reasons:
Myth #1: If a store or website sells it, it must be safe.
You may be surprised to know that companies are not required to test their products for safety. They can say almost anything they want about their product without having to prove it’s true.
Further, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not review or approve most products or ingredients before they go on the market.
Myth #2: It doesn’t matter what’s in a facial product because you’re not ingesting it.
What many don’t realize is what you put on your face does pass through the skin barrier and enter your blood stream. You might as well be drinking the product! (Which of course, I don’t recommend.) Some products even include chemicals that act as enhancers that allow ingredients to penetrate deeper into your skin.
Myth #3: You can avoid dangerous ingredients by reading the label.
Unfortunately, that’s not true either. If an ingredient is a “trade secret,”, a component of fragrance (typically a concoction of chemicals, unless it’s Organic) or nanomaterials, it doesn’t need to be listed on the product label!
Myth #4: Products labeled hypoallergenic or natural are safer.
According to the FDA and even dermatologists, “hypoallergenic” and “natural” mean nothing. Products labeled natural can contain synthetic chemicals as well as petrochemicals.
Keep in mind, the personal care products industry is unregulated. Companies can say just about anything about their product or use any ingredient, including untested chemicals and many substances known to be harmful.
It’s truly a wild frontier out there with personal care products. There’s no question, you’re on your own finding one that’s safe...
If The Label Says “Organic”, Look for the USDA Certified Organic Seal
As we just discovered, selecting a healthy skin care product isn’t an easy task.
Distinguishing healthy ingredients from potentially harmful ones is particularly challenging.
When it comes to facial care products, "organic" is one of the most abused words.
Your only reassurance of a healthy product is selecting one made of natural, pure ingredients that you recognize and trust.
Selecting one that is clearly Certified Organic, meeting the USDA organic standards, assures you that the plant was grown and processed according to organic standards.
You must see the "USDA Organic" seal on the package. Otherwise, "organic" doesn't mean anything!
Don’t fall for the tricks some manufacturers play, trying to make you think a skin care product is organic when it isn’t. Look for the USDA Organic seal. It’s your only guarantee.
The “Most Wanted” Toxic Offenders: How Many Are in Your Facial Cleanser?
What are you using now to clean your face?
If you’re using a facial cleanser for your routine face washing, I suggest you check its label. Some of the most popular products contain potentially harmful ingredients that, in my opinion, are best avoided.
The Environmental Working Group considers these facial cleanser ingredients to be among the worst of the “Most Wanted” offenders...
- Fragrance (includes phthalates) – A collection of many different chemicals, earns one of EWG’s worst scores for toxic effects to organ systems, allergies and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
- Parabens (propylparaben, methylparaben) – EWG gives them a scathing score for their severe effects: endocrine disruption, allergies, toxic effects to the immune and reproductive systems, cellular and biochemical changes.
- Poloxamer 184 – Scorned for toxic effects to organ systems and the ability to accumulate in your body.
- BHT – Linked to cancer and causes toxic effects to organ systems, allergies, endocrine disruption, reproductive toxicity, and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
- Salicylic Acid – Causes enhanced skin absorption and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
- Propylene Glycol – Causes enhanced skin absorption, toxic effects of organ systems, allergies, and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
- Phenoxyethanol – Causes toxic effects to organ systems, allergies, and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
This is just the beginning. There are many more ingredients listed by the EWG in these products. I just chose the ones with the highest scores for ingredient concerns. And I only looked at a small handful of top selling facial cleansers.
What you’re currently using could be even worse.
Quench, Nourish and Refine Your Skin With Our Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser – Without the Toxic Chemicals and Fragrances
In my opinion, to have clear, healthy skin, you must clean your face twice daily to remove makeup, pollution, grime and grease that can cling to and build up on your skin and clog your pores.
For your skin to effectively do its job of removing toxins from your body, your face must be clean and your pores clear. A dirty face can prevent your skin from eliminating toxins.
Cleansing your face doesn’t need to take much of your time. But skipping those few moments each day can lead to sluggish, tired-looking skin that can make you look older than you really are.
Promising yourself you won’t ever head to bed or step out for a new day without cleaning your skin will go a long way toward maintaining a youthful glow.
I recommend using my Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser as your first step for giving your skin what it needs and deserves.
USDA Certified Organic, our Clarifying Facial Cleanser is a pure and mild formula that gently cleanses and refreshes your skin. This clean, botanical-based and scientifically-designed formula...
- Has never been tested on animals.
- Does not contain soy, gluten, GMOs, artificial fragrances, dyes, parabens, phthalates and other undesirable chemical preservatives.
- Contains hand-picked ingredients specifically chosen to help quench, nourish and refine your skin.
Gentle enough for all skin types, this creamy fragrance free formula helps tone, hydrate and nourish your skin with a lineup of extraordinary organic botanicals, including cucumber, watercress and aloe.
7 Gentle Organic Botanicals Soothe Dry or Aging Skin, While Providing Essential Nutrients
My Clarifying Facial Cleanser contains upgraded botanicals to help quench, nourish and refine your skin to keep you looking and feeling your best.
Organic Cucumber Extract
- With outstanding moisture-holding and cooling properties, helps tone and cleanse while hydrating your skin.
- Contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidant flavonoids and tannins with potent free-radical scavenging effects to help protect and repair your skin.
Organic Watercress Extract
- Considered a “powerhouse” and used by Hippocrates as early as 400 BC, this cruciferous vegetable contains more than 15 essential vitamins and minerals and has more vitamin C than oranges.
- Its concentration of carotenoid antioxidants nourishes and soothe, while helping to protect against skin damage and reduce excess oil production.
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice
- Contains over 130 active compounds and 34 amino acids that work together for youthful-looking, healthy skin.
- Gentle and soothing, helps balance skin pH and repair delicate skin for a flawless complexion.
Organic Coconut Oil
- Rejuvenates your skin while it helps reduce the effects of excess sunlight exposure.
- Helps remove the outer layer of dead skin cells, making for smoother, more beautiful skin.
Organic Sunflower Seed Oil
- Easily absorbed and deeply nourishing, improves the appearance of dry, weathered or aging skin.
- Rich in vitamins A, D and E, plus oleic acid, and contains beneficial lecithin and unsaturated fatty acids.
Organic Sesame Seed Oil
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids to provide deep moisturizing and nourishment.
- Contain antioxidants to help protect your skin from free-radical damage, including a novel antioxidant called sesamol that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Organic Guar Gum
- Made from the ground endosperm of organic guar beans cultivated in India.
- A natural cosmetic thickener, it has eight times the thickening properties of starch but doesn’t add any gluten or GMOs.
The Next Step: Deeply Cleanse and Invigorate Your Face with Our Organic Freshening Facial Toner
There’s one more step to cleansing that many people skip…
Toning helps remove deep-down dirt, make-up and oil that regular cleansing can miss. If not thoroughly removed, oils and contaminants can block your pores and make your skin look dull.
Our Organic Freshening Facial Toner, when used after cleansing with our Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser, invigorates your face with carefully selected botanicals to gently cleanse, tone and even your complexion without over-drying.
As part of your daily skin care routine, our refreshing rose water and chamomile formula brightens and evens out tired-looking skin. It won’t strip your skin of its natural oils, so you’re likely to notice a more radiant complexion after your first use.
Like our Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser, our Organic Freshening Facial Toner is ideal for all skin types and:
- Is USDA Certified Organic.
- Contains premium ingredients specifically chosen to help tone and brighten your skin.
- Does not contain soy, gluten, GMOs, artificial fragrances, dyes, parabens, phthalates and other undesirable chemical preservatives.
- Has never been tested on animals and is Leaping Bunny Certified.
From Rose Water to Pure Flower and Herbal Extracts, You’ll Love the Refreshing Feel of Organic Botanicals on Your Skin
Unlike other popular face toner products that can contain face-drying alcohol and harsh and potentially hazardous chemicals, like parabens and synthetic fragrances, our unscented Organic Freshening Facial Toner contains Certified Organic botanicals, including:
Organic Rose Flower Water
- Helps maintain your skin’s natural pH balance, soothe skin and protect against the elements.
- Helps deep clean pores and reduce excess oil.
Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
- Contains more than 130 active compounds and 34 amino acids that work together for youthful-looking, healthy skin.
- Gentle and soothing ingredient that helps balance skin pH and revitalizes delicate skin for a flawless complexion.
Organic Witch Hazel Extract
- Helps to remove impurities, deep cleans pores and shrinks their appearance.
- Soothes and refreshes while tightening and toning the appearance of your skin.
Organic Chamomile (Matricaria) Flower Extract
- Brightens and evens skin tone while soothing and calming for a radiant complexion.
- Has properties that help purify your skin by removing dirt.
Organic Calendula Flower Extract
- Has properties that helps soothe skin to support rejuvenation.
- Moisturizes and softens all skin types.
Organic Rosemary Leaf Extract
- Helps improves your skin’s appearance while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Soothes and refreshes for younger-looking skin.
For best results, we recommend using our Organic Freshening Facial Toner twice daily. Use first thing in the morning after cleansing with our Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser, and follow with our Organic Moisturizing Daily Face Lotion for all-day hydration and protection against the elements.
Use again in the evening after cleansing with our Organic Clarifying Facial Cleanser, and follow with our Organic Restorative Facial Serum for deep moisturizing as you sleep.
Say Goodbye to Tired-Looking Skin and Hello to a More Youthful-Looking You
By starting and ending your day with a two-step cleansing regimen formula scientifically-designed to quench, nourish, tone and refine your skin, you’ll start looking and feeling more vibrant and refreshed.
Why gamble with ingredients you can’t pronounce or fall for the empty promises behind products that aren’t Certified USDA Organic? You’ll know exactly how the botanicals in our Certified Organic skincare were grown and harvested – free of harsh synthetic chemicals.
And because our products are cruelty-free, gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO, you can feel good about using Dr. Mercola Organic Skincare every day.
Why not give your skin the care it deserves, and order your supply today.
There’s no risk with my Money Back Guarantee (please see complete details below).